April Showers

It's April. My least favorite month of the year. Why?

A. It's a dumb month and  B. It seems to be my month from heck.

 On April 15th, tax day, of 2009, I had my pace maker and biopsy surgery. On April 1st, April Gools day, this fool got Her wisdomr teeth taken out. Again another surgery. On April 8th, no significant date there, I wound back up in a hospital. This time however not for surgery but to stay longer than if I had had surgery. Poopy pants. 

I have had four blood draws and one IV in the past five days. Not to mention a heart monitor wired on my body. Because of the monitor and IV showering was not in the plans. Gulp!

By the grace of God though and on this Divine Mercy Sunday it was granted that I could shower! Oh the small things we take for granted... That shower made me feel brand new. Praise God!
And to be able to have that IV off even if it was just for a moment. Such freedom!

Today I had the joy of receiving such lovely visitors! Friends from home, family from home, friends from Tri cities and friends from Spokane area. :) Feeling the love!

Today was also the first say I got to get up and go out to the lounge room! I saw the hall for the first time and the view of the whole city. It was great!

April can be stormy but it can also be the April showers we need for those May flowers!:)


Comments

  1. It's nice that you've had a better day than the rest. And it will get better from there. And yes, we need the April showers for the May flowers. Keep the spirit going! Have a happy life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear gabbie I hope you get feeling better. Did you get the not I made for you. I love you more then thin air passes by. I saw pictures of you they look really pretty. I miss you a lot. At church I pray and sometimes wear the get Gabbi shirt to church. I miss so so much:) love Ava

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best god mother anyone could ever have in the whole world planets. Love Ava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Ava! I am so blessed to have you for my god daughter! I love you to the moon and back! I miss you so much too sweet girl. Hope I get to see you sometime soon! Thank you for praying for & thinking of me. You're such a love! Love Gabbie

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the note. I love you more than you love me God mother(that means Gabbie) love Ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the heart trance plant goes good! I got the game and its really fun.
    Sorry about you arms and legs.. Love ava

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear gabbie,
    We all pray each day and night. I'm going to third grade next year.
    Love ava.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment