Over the Hill


Happy Happy Birthday to the best Daddy in the world! 
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love you.
 We've been through hard times and good times and through it all you've always been there for me.
I've always thought of our relationship as a Pa and Laura Ingles kind of relationship. Me being the favorite child and all. ;) 
You've made me tough and you have taught me Who counts.
You've made me laugh, you've made me cry, you've made me cry from laughing so hard. 

Memories that come to mind as I sit here and type are:

Riding on the lawn mower on your lap.
Playing mad dog (hey, we really are like the Ingles!). 
Trick or treating through the neighborhood on the four wheeler.
Watching you eat my chewed on pineapple from my pineapple pizza without you knowing it until you "knew" it.
Driving around in the pick up rocking out to old tunes.
Poorly free style dancing with you and the uncles at graduation parties.
And so many more...

You're definitely the coolest dad around. And I am making a bet with myself that you are/were just about to do a "move" and ask for confrontation if you really are cool. 
Point. 

To the rest of the world you come across serious and hard core, but that bald head of yours doesn't deceive me. Underneath your strong exterior you're just a softy! And I love that about you! 

You really are the best dad in the world! 

Can't believe you're 50. Here is to 50 more! 

 Love you Daddy! 












Comments