Suit yourself

It's summer. It's the season of wearing next to nothing. Haha Kidding, not  really.

I have been searching for a swim suit. Not that I have a pool any more or anything to wear it in.... Grrr!

But seriously, it is so hard to find a swim suit these days!

I've looked everywhere! Lime ricki, landsend, macys, 6pm, cabelas, you name it I've searched it.

Here is my problem (s)...

Though price is ridiculous, we're talking any where from $40 on up for a suit, clothing is even more ridiculous.

The options for tankinis, you know a top that doesn't  reveal everything and anything, is very, very slim.

If the price is good, the neck line is terrible. If the neck line is decent, the straps were forgotten.

I was at the point of wanting to buy a maternity bathing suit. Yeah, 'cus they're the ONLY ones that looked promising. However one little thing that stopped me from hitting buy is that I am not with child. Back to square one.

Last night I decided to google plain ol' swim suits. Maybe I typed tankinis too, who knows. I saw that I could shop at Kohls. I thought I've been everywhere else why not? Well I found the suit I really wanted. High neck, halter strapped, cute color but only in a medium. I tried convincing myself and Maddie that I could wear a medium. She disagreed.

So sizing is a big issue too!

Not only would I find the suit I wanted, it wouldn't be the right size, AND it wouldn't get here in time for the weekend I was really hoping to have something new for. POOP. Oh well.

Things could be worse... I could be swimming in my skin but for a price, like all the sites advertised.

It is really too bad that women and girls think they need to dress themselves in the revealing suits they do. It's not only a desperate and skimpy look, it's a cry for attention.

But who am I to talk? I'm the chica in boy shorts 'cus anything above the knee to me is considered "butt shorts." Call me old fashioned, call me fashion disgraced, heck call me sack cloth and ashes. But look at me dressed. Look at me and see my smile not my skin. How y'all dress says a lot about a person.

Dress respectfully get respect.

Wear trash get trash.

Settle for cheap and that's the price you'll pay.

Ladies, you are more than your tan and skin alone. You are clothed in the image of God.

Not saying y'all should be wearing suits like this:

   

But this:



BEATS this:
 


Dress to be the woman you want people to remember you for. Eve from the garden of Eden, or our Mother Mary who is not defined by what she wears but by what is in her heart.

So I may have lost a few readers and I may have not convinced any of you that what you wear at the beach, pool, public or around your home matters.

But it matters enough to me.

Suit your self. ;)

Classy

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, girl! I have the SAME problem finding a suit without breaking the bank :) Great post, although I found myself getting shifty-eyed when you said anything above the knee= butt shorts lol :) I loved everything you said. You go girl! Modesty needs to become the new fad, and you are getting the ball rolling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you lady! Not just because you GET me, but you understand the meaning of being fully clothed! I think together we can change the world...one butt shorts at a time! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment