Rooted in Christ

Lord, You are the root of my heart. A visualization worth grasping.
A heart with so deepened roots, the heart itself is overtaken.
Your dwelling is more than an aorta. It is deeper than tissue.
My heart won't beat without Your command to tell it to.
Nor would I want it to beat without Your soft whisper.

Jesus you thought deeply, and lived deeply...

Take these roots and continue to grow within me. Expand Your Holy Spirit so that my whole being will be one with You. Deepen your love and your humility into my veins. Wash me with Your blood that I may think and live as deeply as You did.

Take my hand and lead me. Protect me from my tongue. When I am on the edge of death swoop to my aid.

Like a seed planted in dirt, so am I. You are my life support. As You groom and watch me the roots within me are deepening into the soil. The soil of which You made. A flower may grow but the real beauty is deep in the earth. Hidden and needed these humble roots outstretch left unseen.

Make me a root sweet Jesus. I want to be rooted in You. Just as You are rooted in my heart. My body. My mind. My soul.

You thought deeply, and lived deeply~  




Comments