Love is to give.

I caught myself saying last night as I was falling asleep chatting it up with God, "I love you so much Lord, I wish I could just feel the love in return." I must've been super tired because as those words were being thought I stopped and wanted to slap myself. Not that I feel nothing coming from God it was just a weird realization that I my expectations are so high when already I have all the love I need.

If I can't see the love from God in my surroundings every day of my life then I don't understand what love is.

Love is creating this beautiful world we live in.

Love is forming life in a mother's womb.

Love is dying on a cross so that we may be saved.

When I was processing the bizarre conversation I was having with God I knew that the "love in return" I wanted was from mankind. Then the Holy Spirit whispered to me that if all of man kind hated me God would still love me.

Man's love is wonderful and is very much needed. But God's love is beyond that. Our lives without His love would not be. The love of God is the answer to everything.

Love is not give and take. It is only give.

Comments