Adoration

I mentioned in my blog the other day that Eucharistic Adoration is my favorite part of the whole conference weekend.

At Steubenville Northwest, on Saturday night, all 1200 of us are gathered in the area where we have had all our entertainment, talks, and mass.

The lights turn off to focus our hearts on Christ alone. Soft music begins playing as the priest, alter servers and Priest Jesus, Himself enter the room followed by a single spot light.

We are venerating our King. All 1200 of us.

Some times goes by and the priest beholds the Eucharist in the monstrance. He walks through the aisles and pauses every few steps. Spot light still following Him, but not in a "showy" way. The light represents His light, and the Light He truly is.

Music continues to play.

All of us are on our knees. Not a dry eye is in that large room. Lives are being changed. You can hear the hearts converting. All eyes are fixed on the Lord. Hands outstretched as if to touch Him.

It is the most beautiful thing I believe I have ever experienced.

Part of the beauty is the thousands worshiping and giving their lives to Jesus.

It leaves me in awe every time.

I was sharing with my friend that it doesn't make sense that we get so fired up about going to adoration at the conference but the flame lessens when we're back home.

Why is that?

It's Jesus both places, ya know?

There is something about praising and adoring in a setting such as this one that is like no other, but doesn't make adoration back home any less beautiful.

Let's take advantage of adoring our Savior. The One who poured out His blood for you and me.






Photos by and from Julie Arnzen 





Comments