Say it

Say it.

Just say NO.

A problem most everyone has is saying this simple small word.

We think if it passes through our lips our worlds will come tumbling down and everyone will hate us.

Negative ghost rider.

It's really okay to decline what we can't handle.

Not saying we shouldn't push our selves but sometimes too much is too much.

I recently started a third job. My dream job! I was nannying for the sweetest family. They worked with my crazy schedule and assured me whatever my needs were they would be met. It was perfect!

However I realized I was taking on more than my brain and body could handle. I had to resign.

I admit it was so hard to say I can't do this. But what my dear friend said in her beautiful thank you was, "We admire your prudence and that you know yourself."

Wow. What a way to make someone feel good!

It was alright to let go. To say no.

What are things in your life that you need to say, "No" to?

Yes, drugs. Smoking. Drinking. Abusing your body. Beating yourself up. Getting depressed. Envying.
Self harm. Cutting other people down. Gossiping. Spending too much. Never giving. Idolizing. Places you shouldn't go. People you shouldn't hang out with. Saying "yes" just to be nice though your body is telling you otherwise. Bullying. Spending too much time on the computer... (note to self.) Texting while driving. Hiding behind your phone in someone's presence. Doing what will grab attention. Watching a movie full of garbage. Listening to music that hurts your soul. Pretending to be someone you're not. Allowing people to walk on top of you and push you around. Accepting the fact that people are using you. Lying. Filling yourself with hate. Sitting in judgement. Thinking of only one's self. Choosing to not walk in Christ's footsteps.

Say it.

Say "No" to what is harming you and lessening you for God's greatness.  






Comments