I love to give

Yesterday I did the best thing for my heart... I went to McDonald's twice in one day! No, I'm just kidding, well I mean I did but... what I'm trying to get at is that my day was made yesterday!

I went with two of my cousins to Lewiston for a day in the "city" adventure. We left home at 11 and didn't get back till 8:30. A big eventful day!

What made yesterday so special other than the event and people I was with, was that I got to give something I've been longing to give.

We rolled up to the Dollar Tree and got down to business. (To defeat the huns!)

I purchased :

Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Hand sanitizer wipes
D-O
Snicker bar
Bottle of Water
Jerky stick (from Walmart)
And a Chapstick

Sound strange enough right?

I got out in the car, and whipped out the Ziploc I stole without permission from home. Sorry parentals!

I placed all those items in the bag.

It needed something more though. I remembered I had a Team Gabbie rosary in my purse. I placed it inside along with everything else.

Now the question for all this is simple, why?

Two words, blessing bag.

I found this on pinterest and fell in love with the idea...


Blessing bags to keep in the car when you pass homeless people.  Something special you can do with the kids to teach them about caring for others. I love this!

(This obviously is the pinterest picture not mine)

A blessing bag is something one can keep in their car for the times one wishes they had something to give to those in asking for help along side the road. Instead of giving money, invest in useful items that would make a difference in someone's life. (Even if it is as small as a tooth brush or water bottle.)

It made me so stoked that I could do something like this for someone. Might not have been much, but in some way I think it meant something. If not to him, certainly for me.

One could say, I made his day. But no, he made mine.

I love to give.

"Freely you have received; freely give." 
Calling to St. Katherine Drexel from the Blessed Virgin Mary. 








Comments