God is there

We must never get into the habit of being preoccupied with the future. There is no reason to do so. God is there. ~Mother  Teresa

I absolutely love this quote! I worry so much about the future when I should just dwell in the now. 

Last night I was angst. I was restless in bed waiting for my alarm clock to go off to wake me up for 8 am mass. I was so worried about oversleeping or not getting enough sleep that I wasted getting good rest.

Sound silly? Well yeah, it is. 

But isn't it all silly? I mean, so often we make plans, we spend time worrying about those plans and then half the time those plans fall through. If some way we could all just learn to not over think what is to come, we'd be so much better off. 

God is there. He knows what is to come. He is preparing you and I for it. 

Father, help me to live in the moment. Help me to not be preoccupied with the future. Remind me day after day, time after time that You are not only here with me now but You will be there as well.

     


Comments