What plans?

Life goes to show that when we plan and fret we are only disappointing ourselves.

This past week/month I knew that this weekend was going to be action packed. I'd be in a performance at church, go to Grandpa's 90th birthday, help out at the youth mass, and go on a thirty hour fast with our youth. Throw work in there and I was going to be hopping from one thing to the next.

I had it all mapped out and I was going to sneak up on the events and attack. Well, look how that turned out.

I got sick. I've had to skip work all week. I had to drop out of the skit. And I had to cancel on the fast.

All those plans and worries of planning are pointless now. I laugh at myself because I am constantly reminded that I should just live in the moment and let tomorrow take care of itself. Yet, I think I have to coral my everything into tiny little boxes. OCD to a T.

I advise to let go of your future. Cherish the moment. Live in the now. No one knows what tomorrow holds.

So here I enter into my weekend of whatever God wants it to be. Not even going to try and think about what I have to do or what I am doing. Just going to let Him lead me. No point in trying to lead Him. ;)

Trust and let go.

Comments

  1. Like the saying goes you make plans and God laughs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gabbie! Even though you weren't able to go, could you please say Happy 90th (!) Birthday to your Grandma Rehder for me? Hope you got over your flu.... Fr Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recovered and was able to go to the party! Praise God! I will pass the Happy Birthday along :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment