St. Joseph pray for us!

Last night at church I was in my sweats, sweatshirt and ugs. It had been an exhausting day. Make that week. Ha, it was only Tuesday.

I knelt before Our Lord in adoration bringing to Him all that was weighing me down.

The first person to come to mind when I was meditating was St. Joseph.

Why? Of all the angels and saints, why St. Joseph?

Because St. Joseph handled everything thrown at him with grace.

Think 'bout it. 

  • His fiance became pregnant. He decided to trust Mary's and the angel's word. 
  • He dealt with harsh comments and was seriously judged. He did not care what they thought.
  • He would be fathering the Son of God. He better not screw up. He was humbled by this great honor. 
  • He had to work to provide for his wife and son. St. Joseph didn't do it for the money though, he did it for the Lord.
  • Imagine living in a tiny house with two perfect, sinless people. (Mary and Jesus) Wouldn't you feel unworthy..imperfect..ready to give up?? Well St. Joseph didn't look at it like that at all. Rather he bettered himself to become like Mary and Jesus. 
St. Joseph, pray for me, that I too may better myself. Help me to accept the obstacles life throws at me. Help me to ignore the whispers of doubt and evil. Allow me to understand that I am not perfect and I will make mistakes. Pray that I may be encouraged to do all my work for my Lord and Him alone. 

I want to be humble as you are humble. I want to be strong as you are strong. I want to trust as you trust. I want to love as you love. 

St. Joseph, pray for us! 

 

Image from The Nativity Story 

Comments

  1. I love you, Momma! Thank you for always encouraging me! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment