The Little Flower

Today is St. Therese the Little Flower's feast day. More and more, this beautiful saint inspires me!

St. Therese said that she wanted to spend her time in heaven doing good here on earth.

Can you imagine saying those words? Father, open my heart so that I may spend my eternity helping others.

"My joy is to love suffering, I smile shedding tears, I accept with gratitude the thorns mixed with the flowers." 

Oh how this will require much patience and strength. I ask you for this gift as well. To be accepting of all that is thrown in my face. I plea for humility and love in my heart.  

"How happy I am to realize that I am little and weak, how happy I am to see myself so imperfect." 

Who could say this? A saint could! I so badly want to accept my imperfectness but obviously I am not at Saint level. I pray for your help when I feel small & worthless. Only you, Lord, can make me smile when I make mistakes.

"When I am incapable of praying, I want to keep telling Jesus that I love him. It's not difficult, and it keeps the fire going." 

I don't ever want my fire to burn out! I want to keep loving Jesus. With all my heart, I want to love Him!

Let me follow You through the ways and wisdom of the Little Flower. Make me Your own small little flower and help me grow.


St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love; ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more. Amen.

  


Comments