Sunday Confession

Distraction is the root of sin. (unknown)

I was long over due for the sacrament of reconciliation. Before mass this morning I asked Fr. Joe to hear my confession. While confessing my sins I couldn't help but have a smile on my face. How I love the feeling of having all of my sins wiped away through my Savior's most precious blood! Truly an amazing and awe filled feeling. To be white as snow. Well, at least for a minute or two until I go back to being "human" again and start sinning all over... Sigh.

As a Catholic, I am so blessed to have the sacrament of reconciliation. To lay before me my past wrongs, and to be forgiven through God's divine grace. The priest hears my heart's cry, and Jesus forgives me through the confessor. It can be a scary and/or hard thing, but it's so worth it.

I've posted on my blog before how priests are honored to hear our confessions. It is true.
It is also true that priests are humans too. Chances are they may have some sins in common with us. If that is not the exact case, know these holy men have heard it all. They do not think of us less because we sin. No, not even when we sin mortally.

It takes courage to swallow one's pride. It takes humility. It takes faith.

Thank you Jesus for the endless times you've forgiven me and thanks in advance for forgiving me for the times I will fumble.

Distraction is the root of sin, but with You I am willing to overcome distraction.

Through Christ who strengthens me....Amen.

http://youtu.be/ubyVHdvVMnc


Comments