The Little Flower

"A novena is a series of prayers that are said for nine straight days, usually as a prayer of petition but sometimes as a prayer of thanksgiving. The nine days recall the nine days that the Apostles and the Blessed Virgin Mary spent in prayer between Ascension Thursday and Pentecost Sunday.
While the word novena comes from the Latin novem, meaning "nine," the term has also come to be used generically to refer to any lengthy series of prayers. "

I just finished this past Wednesday, a novena asking St. Therese the Little Flower to take my prayer request to our Father in Heaven. 
My intention was for my future husband, and for God's hand to guide him on his journey here on earth. 
I also added asking St. Therese to send me a rose. Something that is commonly known to happen after praying and asking for the Little Flower's help. 

Well Thursday we headed down to Boise for Hallisey, a basket ball tournament the girls were in. We got in late and went to find dinner at a Brazilian restaurant. The younger siblings weren't hungry so it was just the parentals and I. Something that doesn't happen too often. The food was amazing and our waiter was phenomenal! To make the experience even better, was that there was a single red rose on our table. I shared with Mom and Dad that I had just finished my novena and that this was a sign from heaven. 

God is good! All the time! 

Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayer. Thank you St. Therese for personally delivering my heart's desires.

~St. Therese the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I now the implore and tell Him I'll love Him each day more and more.~ 







Comments