Saints in the making

Today my first graders held my heart in their little hands. I left class today almost in tears with how innocent and loving these children are.

My group of 11 first graders and I spent our class period learning how to pray the rosary.

Imagine how difficult it is for us adults to sit and pray all five decades. Though we were a little restless at times, my kiddos blew me away!

They were so eager to learn and make Jesus happy.

We all took turns leading the Hail Mary's and Our Father's...

They asked some good questions too, such as, "Why do we pray the same prayers over and over?"

We offered our rosary up for one of my student's moms (my dear cousin) who was having surgery today.

The last decade, "The Coronation of Mary" we prayed on our knees. These six and seven year old kids were so willing and faith filled! Hardly did they moan and groan, but knelt there strongly.

If that wasn't a tear jerker for you then get ready...

After walking my 11 ducklings back over to school, I hugged each of them before they went back to class. (Violation of safe environment, maybe...meh.)

I told each of them how proud I am of them not only because they were born for greatness but because they prayed prayers most grown ups don't even know how.

Not saying if you don't know how to pray the rosary you're stupid. Simply encouraging and rejoicing in their obedience and love for Jesus.

Again, here is where I was ready to kid nap, I mean, teach another class...

In the middle of those hugs I had one student (a boy of all two genders) tell me he didn't want to let go.

Then another voice called out as I was walking out the door, "I love you!"

Oh how greatly blessed I am! I don't want to surrender my "first - first graders" yet I know they are needed to brighten the other teacher's classes in the years ahead.

Parents and siblings, you should be proud of your little people. I know I am!

"The children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." And he laid his hands on them and went away."

Matthew 19:13-15 

Comments