A friend in me

"It is important to have friends we can trust. But it is essential to trust the Lord, who never lets us down." Holy Father's twitter. 

How needed were these words in my life. Pope Francis never seizes to amaze me, and my God has never failed me with His awesome timing. 

Who are my friends? I have been thinking hard about this question.

What is a friend?

 A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. – William Shakespeare

.Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. - George Washington

“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you.” 
― A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
The language of friendship is not words but meanings. – Henry David Thoreau
Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.        – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Who are your friends? 

Do you seek friendship with those you just want affirmation from? 
Are you friends just because facebook requests it? 
Do you desire popularity or relationships rather than love? 
Do you choose instead of thinking about who is not chosen?
Are your actions and words genuine?
Are  you lying to their face and worse, yourself?
Have you ever practiced being loyal?
What is a friend that would put up with insincerity? 
He or she that abuses friendship is no friend at all.

Love all. But guard your heart.

The friendships you attain with these kind of people are only going to continue looking out for themselves.

Pray for a friendship with them when they are ready. Until then, ask God to heal their hearts that are so desperately desperate for attention and approval. 

Lord, make me a true friend. Make me a friend to all who are in need of a friend. I ask that you grant me this grace as well as to those who I am to befriend.

I pray for those who I have hurt and those who have pained me.

Hear my prayer, Heavenly Father, and guide me in my friendships. 



Comments