Gabbie's Big Move

I was going to write about our move from from Twin Falls in my other post but decided it needed it's own category. So let me rewind back before Max was born. 

Shortly after we found out Mom was expecting we also received word that we were moving from Idaho back to Washington. The place Jordan, Jenny, (9 months later Max) and I were born. It was a devastating move for all of us in our own ways. For me I was moving away from my childhood best friend, Raechel Watt. I cried and cried over leaving her and all my other friends. 

The year we moved was 2007 and I was about 11 years old. We left behind some of the dearest people you'd ever meet. It was going to be a scary change. 

God was in charge though and I can't imagine life hadn't we moved. 

It was a rough transition at first. The rental home, not knowing any one, foreign church, middle school "problems" and the idea of starting over.

Eventually our home was built, we found the perfect church to attend (Go! Holy Spirit!), friends were made, and the world wasn't ending. Keep in mind our "old" friendships were still kept and I cherish them still every day. <3 

I look back on this particular move and thank God for the friends that have been such a blessing in my life still to this day. I wouldn't trade a moment spent together or a laugh shared with them.  God took my sadness and turned it into joy! However this doesn't make me miss you none the less. 

Moving to the Tri-cities I have formed many beautiful friendships, deepened my faith and grown as a person. (Don't laugh at me. I wasn't talking about height!) 

Trusting in God instead of trying to take charge and tell the Big Guy what to do would have been such an easier way to go about things. 

SO...that was move number uno. We're moving again. 

I won't not admit that I am excited to be closer to family and friends in Northern Idaho! This has been my dream, prayer, wish since middle school! Dad was offered a new job for a company where he works out of the home and can live any where in the northwest he wants. When this offer was made we knew right away we'd move home to where almost all of mom's and all of dad's siblings live. 

Now that the time for us leaving is drawing closer and closer my heart both breaks and sings. The family of friends I have in my life, who've been there for me helping me every step of the way, are not going to be a skip, hop and jump away anymore.  

It just goes back to needing to trust God. It's reliving the previous move all over again but in it's own way. I will miss everyone at our parish and all other relationships I've made here. I'm trying to follow my own advice and accept the fact that I do need to let go and let Him lead me. 

It's not going to be as easy as it sounds. I know I'll still bawl but those tears will turn into dancing. 

So Idaho get ready!! Twin you're not forgotten and Washington don't think you're getting rid of me for good!!! ;) 


 

Comments

  1. Aw Gabbie! You've blessed the Tri-Cities in too many ways to list! I'm glad that you'll get to be with your family and friends, but this little desert will lack its sunshine when you leave :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet, friend. You've been such a lovely part of my joy here in the Tri Cities. Don't know what I'd do w/o you Miss. All my love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment