Blog Fright

Last night I couldn't sleep. Satan was whispering in my ear words of discouragement. I knew at the beginning of this week when I began blogging that I had a mission and I was going to fulfill that mission. My reason for starting this blog was to get my story out in the world to change lives. Well last night when I was fearful of what others may be thinking of me I stopped and realized that though I had made this blog for others it turned out to be for me too. I was releasing what I've kept bottled up. As I said earlier this week to a sister of mine, "I'm an open book."

To get myself to calm down I pictured myself in Maui. The sun was setting. My bare feet were resting on warm grains of sand and being tickled by calm, smooth waves. I imagined myself looking over my shoulder and seeing Jesus, Himself. Now this part was fun... ;) I've been debating all day if I want Jesus to look like Eduardo Verastegui or Raphael from the 90s t.v. show, "Touched by an Angel."


                     Eduardo    OR...

Never mind...it was just decided Eduardo WINS.

Jesus looked at me with loving eyes and asked why I was fighting the fight that's already been won? He told me, "Did I not die on the cross? Did I not craft every grain of sand you are standing on? You have the power to tell the devil to go back to where he came from."

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
 Proverbs 3:5-6

So anyway that got me calmed down and I finally fell asleep until I heard my name being called. (Note to readers- this was round midnight.) First thing that came to mind was did I just hallucination my name being called? Am I crazy? Then the next thing that came to my mind was where's the angel? Something happened like this in the Bible a few times. So I didn't know whether to hide under the covers or wait for Raphael or Eduardo to pop out...

I ended up doing what one of the Bible characters did and went back asleep waiting for a second wake up call. Nothing. No Eduardo. How do you say 'No' in Spanish? Negative ghost rider. Ah well.. don't think I'll find out what the meaning of all that was for a while. Or so I hope. ;)

Don't know if this post did anything for ya but give you maybe a good laugh or a new way to look at Jesus. ;) Stud.

Y'alls encouragement means a lot. Knowing that this has been an opportunity for God to work in all our lives so we can all pass along His love is something I don't regret starting. Thanks to you guys! Keep it up and don't stop.Please.



Comments

  1. Girl, tell Satan to GET OUT! In English AND in Spanish, you have totally got this. Your blog is blessing, and he's all like, daaaang I gotta put a stop to this little Holy Roller named Gabbie rollin' all my little demon minions with her hilarious and righteous blog posts. So just tell him what for! :) Love you girl! Keep up this blog, because it rocks (and you rock!) Remember what God said to Joshua right before He sent him to destroy a town with trumpet music(whaaat?): Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, nor be discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (even if you're doing crazy stuff like destroying towns with brass instruments, or writing a kick-butt blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how we gangsters for Christ do what we do. ;) You inspire me lady with your bible memory skills! We should thug together sometime soon to some LEcRaE! <3Word. G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment