Fix your eyes on the Cross


He focused on what He had to do ~

He gazed ahead ~

Not angry, no, not even broken ~

Yet hurt, He bore the pain ~ 

Spit and sweat ~ skin soaked in blood ~

Hot tears and no complaint ~ 

Nails, thorns, jabs and curses ~

Bruised, scourged, shamed and kicked ~

All because of hate. ~ 

He bore it humbly ~

He remained strong but disguised Himself as weak ~

He looked down though looking up ~

His eyes fixed on the cross of which He hung ~

And by the power, the Almighty power ~

The agony and the Way ~

By His suffering we are saved . ~ 



I laid awake last night before falling asleep thinking of the things that I stress over. 

I thought of escaping my distress by locking my eyes upon the crucifix,

Which led me to think of the stations of the cross. 

Jesus, trembling on the road to Cavalry, oh the fear He beheld. 

Fear isn't even a word strong enough.  

But through His passion and death, Jesus embraced His cross. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

He knew quite well what He had to do and He did it. 

He now asks of us, asks of me, to do the same. 

Focus on the cross. On Him. 

 


Comments