Fear NOT

I blogged yesterday that I fear Holy Week.

I do. I fear what is to come. The unknown known.

I also fear, as silly and dumb as this may sound, I fear finding myself unable to breathe again.

Easter Sunday last year I struggled to find breath in my body, due to an amount of fluid built up in my lungs.

I know Easter Sunday isn't a part of Holy Week but you can't have one without the other. Therefor my fears are tied together.  Am I making sense? Probably not. Carry on.

I am fighting fears of blinking and fining myself back in a hospital bed hooked to an IV. I am fighting the thoughts of going backwards, everything worked for coming undone. I am afraid my hear will fail me again.

Why these thoughts and Easter together? They really have no link however they do.

Easter Sunday is such a power house GLORIOUS day that I believe the devil is trying to distract me by placing fear and anxiety in my heart to take my mind off the coming, the rising of Jesus from the grave.

As of last night I decided to put my fears behind me. You see I realized my fears are not worth being afraid of.

I read that a priest, Fr. Tom, from Mother Teresa's order, is to be crucified on Good Friday.

THAT is something to be afraid of.

                                       


I had no idea crucifixions even happened anymore. And the mockery of it being on Good Friday... My heart crumbles!

Would I have his faith? Would I be fearless? Honestly I am guessing no. I would be like the apostles on Good Friday who ran and hid.

Oh Lord, anger rises up in me. Yet you show love to us sinners and those who crucified you.

I do not understand nor will I probably. ever. Yet I ask of you to lead me and teach me and show me love & how to love.

Be with Fr. Tom. Welcome him into heaven as another one of your brave martyrs, May all that I fear, all that I do, all that I fight be offered on his behalf.

Mother Mary. I ask you to intercede not only on Fr. Tom's behalf but also for an end to ISIS. Please end the blood shed and end these wars. Change the hearts of those who hate and change those who choose violence.

Lord Jesus, you rolled away the stone. You conquered death. All so that we might have life.

Welcome all of your children, especially the most undeserving into your kingdom.

Banish fear. 

It is not of you.

Be Not Afraid. 


10 
Isaiah 41:10

‘Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 



"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." 

Deuteronomy 31:6 

Comments