Handmaid of the Lord

Our Lady was full of God because she lived for God alone, yet she thought of herself only as the handmaid of the Lord. Let us do the same. -Mother Teresa-

How beautiful... the handmaid of the Lord. 

The LORD! 

And here we have the power to do the same...

But do I consider myself as the handmaid of the Lord?

A handmaid is defined as someone whose primary role is to assist and to serve.  

Am I willing and trying to serve him in all ways?   

Do I put myself or others before Him?

Or do I live for God alone?

What or who am I putting in his place?

How can I assist my God when I am slaving to other things?

I must live for Him alone through assisting others and serving others. .

Truly being the handmaid of the Lord.

Yes, I want, so desperately want and yearn for, to immerse myself in God himself. In his love. In him alone. I want to be his handmaid. I want to follow in our Lady's footsteps and mirror her example of complete faith and love.

"May it be done unto me according to your word." Luke 1:38







 

Comments