God is...


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 

1.Corinthians 13:4-8

Today's second reading and tid bit of the homily had me itching to blog.

God is love. 

GOD. IS. LOVE.  

And so I ponder this... 

What one word defines me? 

On bad days would I be labeled as cranky? Jerky? Impatient? Lazy? Rude? Arrogant? Annoying? 

On in between days would I think of myself as fine? Okay? Mediocre. Peachy? Balanced? 

On great days do I think I deserve to be called the best? Amazing? Fabulous? Perfect? 

Whatever the kind of day you may be having, I ask you and myself, do any of these words define us as children of God?

How do you want people to see you? 
Better asked how do you want to see yourself?

I am pretty sure we all do not want to be pegged as the "jerk" or as "okay". A part in each of us we'd love to be called amazing. 

GABBIE is AMAZING. 

But that doesn't fulfill me. 

Gabbie wants to be LOVE. Because with love their is no failing. Their is no loss. Their is only a heart that grows without being told to stop growing because they go into heart failure and scare the world half to death.    

So I leave us all in thought... Hopefully motivating each of our hearts into action. 

One word says it all. 




Comments