Only You

I want to live only for you Lord. Only for you!

I dream of being your little saint. Yet I fall flat on my face trying to do so. 

I am selfish, stubborn and impatient. I do not take the time to slow down and simply just be. 

Rather I race to be someone I'm not. Someone I was not created to be.

My tongue moves faster than I think. 
My mind wanders in too many directions.
My heart chooses to be selfish. 

I find myself palming my forehead again and again. 

But you free me from myself and you remove the stain of sin. 

Jesus, I want to be selfless and open minded. Work with me on being patient. And please help me to slow down and remember you first above all else. 

You are above man. Your thoughts are all I choose to care about. Walk with me Lord. 

Psalm 121:7-8

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Comments