Your love

Oh dear goodness... Where do I even begin?

 I sit here under a fuzzy warm blanket, sporting my soft Get Gabbie sweatshirt, surrounded by mountains of love which came in forms of Get Well cards to stuffed animals.

I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I have experienced from my current home, the town I lived in before, the town before that, across the country, and even in other countries.

I can't help but wonder how I will ever be able to thank everyone. I'm the type of person when given something within the day I will have written a thank you, had it stamped and ready to go out in the next day's mail. However with my little situation in the hospital where even if I attempted to write out a simple thank you a hundred times, it would not be enough. Enough paper, or enough gratitude for the love I have been wrapped in.

So here is my "thank you" blog. It's pathetic. It probably will have misspelled words and not enough room for me to clearly write how deeply touched I have been by every single person I have ever met. Not even exaggerating.

Again I can't help but ask "Why me?" Not in a way I'd typically ask that question but "why me" as in why do I deserve all this love? Truly. When I say mountains I mean mountains. Not just sand dunes. And not that love is only recognized through things but really it is noticed when the person gives from the heart. And that's all I have been receiving. Love from one heart to my own.

No, I do not know why me. Why I deserve the outpouring of love but I am humbled and in awe. I am overwhelmed.

I didn't come home with a new heart however I came home with a deeper appreciation for the heart I have and the love I want to give back as generously as I have been given.

Thank you for your prayers. Your support. Your kindness. Your gifts. Your friendship. Your encouragement. Your faith. Your community. Your selflessness. Your willingness. Your strength. And above all your love.

Like I said I wish I could write, lick, stick, stamp and mail my gratitude I feel for each of you but alas I'll swallow my inner Martha Stewart and hope that you read through the spaces where there are no words but understand and feel my love being poured back to you.

Through all this let His name be praised! Let His love be shared!


https://youtu.be/2Vbg2dpX-EY



 

Comments