A hurting people

We are a hurting people.

This past month has really been eye opening to me realizing that.

It's not just a handful of hurting people, it's all of us.

Living in a hospital for the amount of time I did and now living in the Ronald McDonald house I am seeing so many broken people. Here I thought I had been in the hospital for a long time but my month's stay is a blink of an eye compared to the months and years some families are having to wait.

I look around me and see kiddos half my age and younger fighting this fight.
Kiddos in wheelchairs, kiddos with adorable beanies to keep their heads warm, kiddos with huge smiles even when in the crummiest situation.

Honestly it breaks my heart. It breaks my heart to see people hurting so. Kids, moms, dads, siblings, grandparents... It's too much. Too much for anyone to take on.

And again I say we hurt together. We all hurt differently but it is in our differences that we come together through the pain.

I don't know how I'll ever share what I've seen or what I've lived while being over here but in time God will reveal what needs to be spoken. For now it remains pondering in my heart.

Having said all this I beg you to pray with me for all of these families here at the RMH and at Children's hospital.

We say we pray for people but do we? Pray with all our heart? This is the kind of prayer that is needed.

So I ask you to pray for those on the waiting list for transplants that God speak to the patient's, the family's, and the doctor's hearts.

I ask you to pray for those waiting for a room here at the Ronald McDonald house. We were unbelievably blessed by getting the room we did when we did and so I ask that other families are blessed the same.

I want to pray for the volunteers who simply volunteer to make our lives easier. That God will shower them with his graces.

I want to pray especially for the kids with cancer. Please, please, please pray for my new friend Makoy Leo, and a baby boy named Max. Max had chemo yesterday and Makoy is going to be in the hospital for a while. I met him for the first time this morning and he and my Max could have a lot of fun together. Both boys LOVE the ninja turtles. Makoy's favorite turtle is Leonardo. (I'm now realizing his middle name being Leo and his favorite turtle have the same name)
So I thought we could ask for St. Pope Leo's intercession for Makoy's fast healing as well as asking for the intercession of St. Maximilian on baby Max's behalf.

Everyone has a story. Everyone has a cross to carry. Let us remember to take heart and pray for each other. Especially pray for families who need medical attention.

This is what my heart desires. To join together through prayer with one another for one another.





Comments