Spongebob


The other day I posted this picture on facebook and instagram.

I was given this Spongebob balloon by my sweet aunt, uncle and cousin when I was in Seattle. The timing was priceless. Dad had just joked about a sponge bath and not moments after this balloon showed up.

It has brought me great joy!

Here is why...

Max, my kid brother, was hysterical! He somehow managed to pull the wool over our eyes.

A story that goes like this:

Our family was sitting in my little hospital room. We were crammed but somehow comfortable. Then again I was the one sprawled out in a hospital bed while everyone else sat in a folding chair or on a piece of the bed/couch. Spongebob was hanging with us too. Keep that in mind...

There was a moment of in-tenseness when someone (I won't use names) was trying to figure out how to maneuver the bed into a couch. It wasn't the kind of intense that had me clenching my teeth and fists more of the kind that was just eye batting asking ourselves, "Really? really?"

Anywho... during this time of trying to remain calm I began laughing hysterically. My laughter then turned into tears and my site where the pacemaker was placed hurt from laughing so hard.

Why was I laughing so hard?

Remember how I said Max pulled the wool over our eyes? Well Max somehow managed to clip onto the back of my father's pants while he was fumbling over the bed (oops I guess I will use names) the Spongebob balloon. Dad didn't even realize it, and that's what made it that much funnier. We were laughing so hard, okay I was laughing so hard.

Nurses would come in and out, same with doctors, mail carriers and other visitors. Max would always somehow manage to clip Bob on the back of Dad. Sometimes we wouldn't even notice it until after the person left. Or we'd realize it in the middle of conversation and I would have inappropriate laughter.

We eventually had to tell Max to stop the shenanigans. It was getting a little embarrassing. No one takes anyone serious when a balloon is clipped onto your shorts.

So up above is a picture of Spongebob, the balloon, floating high in our kitchen. He was beginning to deflate and so Max went to snip the balloon but all failed and now he is hanging out up in the rafters.

We don't have darts, we don't have sticky hands, and Max said gun shots would be a bit much...
Mom feels like she is being watched.

 Some people, okay most people, they question Spongebob. Knowing who and dare I say liking Spongebob comes as a shock to most people. For so many years we tried keeping it on the DL. The hidden family secret... You see, you can't homeschool and like Spongebob. You'd get excommunicated. No further questions.
Mom still shakes her head at her children being corrupted by the sponge. My father however laughs right along with us. And that is the answer for all of your questions.

Why I laugh inappropriately, and find humor in my brother's scheme of ballooning pants.

I can't help but smile.

Now for my mother to proof read this...

 









Comments