My twin brother, Simba.

I was trying to get ready for mass this evening but found myself frustrated with my hair. This lion's mane of mine has been non-cooperating lately...

This is what my hair looks like on a good day :

 

On a bad day : 




Simba was fretting over the weight, height, length, frizziness and devil horns of her hair.  (devil horns equal wisps of hair that pop out of no where whenever my hair is pulled back in any direction.) }:)
I had been complaining to mom about how much I was sick of my hair. (Clarification, sick of it's behavior.)
My mom saved the day by whipping out her french braid skills! Go MaLion!

Happy with the help mom gave me with my rats nest of hair I wasn't feeling 100% confident. However my confidence level boosted when a lady whom I didn't recognize stopped me after mass. Her words were music to my ears, "Excuse me. You're hair is beautiful!"

(Pause: I am equally just as happy when people tell me or have told me they love my hair! Don't get me wrong! And don't stop! (; Just kidding!)  

God has a wonderful sense of humor! Just when I was feeling uncertain it was as if I could see Him actually winking at me.

"Gabbie, the smallest of small things you're not to handle alone. Why do you let things like this get the best of you? Give me your worries and all of your anxiety. Take your hand in mine and trust."

~Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear!~ Luke 12 

Hakuna Matata!...it means no worries! 



     

Comments

Post a Comment