Worst Lent Ever

Best Lent Ever presented by Dynamic Catholic, inspires me with their evangelization. 

I share and learn a lot from Dynamic Catholic and every year I look forward to their daily videos during Lent.  

Right before Lent I try to think of ways I can grow, sacrifice and give my best.

But this year hasn't been my best. 

I had to change my plans of doing and being more because of the COVID-19. (I think a lot of us did.)

I have been referring to Lent 2020 as the Worst Lent Ever

I felt hopeless and overwhelmed with the rest of the world.

"The saints were weak like yourself, some were even weaker, but thanks to that weakness, they became saints. They differ from you only in their determination." 
-The Road of Hope a gospel from prison - Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan

Isn't the virus suffering enough? 

"Tell me, Lord, have I not served you for their good? / Have I not interceded with you/ in the time of misfortune and anguish?"
 Jeremiah 15:11 

(This bible verse showed up in my Magnificat devotional this week.)

Now I realize... Doing Lent like a Pro doesn't make it the Best Lent Ever. 

Giving your best, even in the worst, makes it the Best Lent Ever!

And that's exactly what Matthew Kelly from Dynamic Catholic talks about. Don't just give up chocolate for Lent. Give Him your best! 

"Peace depends on victory, and victory depends on struggle. If you desire peace, you will have to fight continuously." 
-The Road of Hope a gospel from prison - Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan



Comments