Give Your Best

What does it mean to "give it your best"?

My first thought was doing the next right thing.

But what is the next "right" thing? Or the next "best" thing...?

"Each morning when you get up, you begin life anew- fresh, energetic, and full of optimism. If the road runs badly at times, continue to walk along with the Lord just as the disciples did on the road to Emmaus, and you will reach the goal." 
Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan 

Easier said than done, right? 

I am still learning. 

"The choice between holiness and sinfulness. Many times, holiness or sinfulness is a moments choice that requires sacrifice, resulting in victory or defeat."
The Road of Hope 

What if my best isn't good enough?

"Don't be discouraged by your failures. When you seek to do the will of God and meet with failure, that failure may be a success in God's eyes because the outcome is as God desired. Look at the example of Jesus on the cross." 
The Road of Hope

What if I don't want to give my best because I have lost hope?

Blessed Chiara Luce said, “At this point I have nothing left, but I still have my heart and with that I can always love.”

Lord Jesus, I cannot but you can. Teach me to love from my heart. 

"Love is not blind. Love sees the weakness of the beloved and tries to shoulder his or her burden. Likewise love sees the abilities of the beloved and subtly encourages his or her potential."
The Road of Hope

It's as simple as that! Love is the best and next right thing.

Give your best and the best will be given to you.


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment