Taken for Granted

This past week, on Tuesday night, I went to Mass before the dispensation of Mass happened.

During Adoration and Benediction, my eyes filled with tears as I thought of this being the last time seeing and receiving Jesus.

Of course the dispensation is not forever, but the thought of not being able to receive Him devastated me.

"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" Psalm 22:1 

My heart felt abandoned.

But then I realized in that moment how I have taken the Eucharist for granted.

Tears streamed down my cheek.

Why have I forsaken YOU?

I wiped my tears with my sleeve.

When everything is available to us, we take it for granted.

When the things that matter most, are taken from us, we realize what we have taken for granted.

I have taken the Mass and the Eucharist for granted. 

And like a child, when realizing something is missing, my desire for the Body of Christ grew.

When we are in need we run to Christ. We are always in need. 

Let us go to Him during this time of apprehension.

"You will understand a truth when you seek to study that truth. When you devote yourself to defending that truth, you will understand it more thoroughly." 
-The Road of Hope a gospel from prison - Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan


An Act of Spiritual Communion

My Jesus, 
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. 
I love You above all things, 
and I desire to receive You into my soul. 
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally, 
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.

Comments