Excuses

Today's blog is about "powering off" because yesterday I got a headache from too much screen time.

Every time I saw a comment on my blog, I would reread what I had written.

I do that with all of my blogs... What did I even say?

You, Holy Spirit, are at work.

At night as I try and fall asleep thoughts run through my head and I think to apply them to the next blog.

Last night I told myself to power off.

So instead of constantly checking my phone, I have decided to do things that I don't make time for.

I ate breakfast without looking or listening to my phone.

I colored in a Scripture Bible Coloring Book.

I exercised earlier in the day rather than waiting for later.

I read today's Mass readings in my Magnificat Devotional.

I set a timer to work on a project I've been ignoring.

I opened my prayer journal of names and pictures and prayed by reading their names in my living room.

During this time of self distancing, I have all the time in the world.

That's why I have been writing more. Yes, even editing my book. Also, because I have encouragement from all of my readers!

But now, there is no excuse to say I am too busy!

Enjoy the little things. Enjoy the stillness.

Enjoy this time of not needing to rush.

Enjoy your family and time of being together under one roof.

Play a game. We have been playing Yahtzee as a family every day for a couple weeks now.

Learn to cook, play an instrument. learn a new language, read or take a nap.

Do the things you've put on the back burner.


"Live in such a way that anyone who visits your family desires to live like you."
Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan 

Family Photo from last summer (2019) 










Comments

  1. Love this post, Gabbie! I definitely need to start cutting down on screen time - I’ve begun getting "motion sick" if I stare at a device for too long. 😬 Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I understand what you mean by "motion sick!" Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Miss you Gabbie. So hopeful for this to be over soon. Keep writing. Your such an inspiration.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and for your encouragement!

      Delete
    2. Late reply, but thank you! God bless you!

      Delete

Post a Comment