Jesus's birthday

No more Advent. No more waiting. The new born King enters this world.

Today is Christmas Eve!

I woke up thinking about how in the past years I have anxiously awaited receiving presents and thought about those presents all through Christmas Eve mass. I don't want to do that again this year.
I probably won't be able to help it...however what I really want to do is spend my time throughout the rest of the day and at mass anxiously awaiting the real Christmas present, Baby Jesus!

When I was six years old I asked Santa Claus for a birthday cake for baby Jesus. Sure enough Santa Claus made a trip to Costco and brought me Jesus's birthday cake. The Nativity was frosted on and the words, Happy Birthday Jesus!

Today and tomorrow we celebrate the Lord's birth.
I reflected this morning in front of my Grandma's nativity scene.

This is how I imagine his day of birth.  

He rests his precious head on straw. He is laying in a manger. 

It's a cold night, he is wrapped in swaddling clothes.

He is kept warm in his Mother's gentle and loving arms. 

His Father in heaven fills the stable with light.

Perhaps this light comes from the star our creator made, the same star the wise men followed.

Slowly strangers gather. Bowing down in adoration of the new born babe. 

The babe destined for greatness! 

Animals too lower their heads. 

Angels surrounding him and singing him praise. 

His parents are in awe. Their family is safe. 

Emmanuel.

God with us!

Sweet baby Jesus, I wish you a happy birthday from my heart.
I want to celebrate you more than just two days of the year.
Make a permanent nativity scene in my heart and help me to choose to live out your love.

Merry Christmas indeed!





  

Comments