Christmas Presence

"It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'til his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." 
 - The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

Little Gabbie Lou Who, had been feeling Grinch-ish herself. 

She got caught up in the ribbons, tags, packages, boxes and bags. 

She was mesmerized by the thought of presents.

She wasn't focusing on His presence

The Grinch was right.

Christmas doesn't come from a store. 

Christmas does mean a little bit more. 

Advent is almost over. It feels like it just started. I thought I had more time to prepare. 
But prepare what? Presents? The house? Christmas goodies? Making Christmas perfect?

Advent isn't about preparing for these things. 

The babe Jesus will come whether or not the house is clean. Whether or not I have bought or made the greatest Christmas presents. Whether or not I got cookies delivered. Whether or not everything on my Christmas want or to do list is checked off. 

It has taken me six days until Christmas to realize it.

Advent is about preparing our hearts for the coming of the Christ child. 

Do I have room in my heart for the tiny babe? Or is it too filled with things that do not matter. Things the world tell us that will make us happy?

In these last few days, there are before Christmas, I want to make a comfortable and peaceful home within me for the Holy Family.

My heart is no castle, it's not a big house. It's simply a room. I don't want lots of doors for entrances into my heart. One door will do just fine. I don't want this room to be cluttered. 
I want it to be focused on only one thing so that when it is time I can open that door and welcome and carry my little guest of honor inside.

Will you join with me in making your hearts a stable for Jesus?   

Come let us ready ourselves to adore Him!

Christmas certainly does mean a little bit more. 

  









Comments