Become the Impossible

From Dec. 7th's Immaculate Conception novena prayer: 

"Today, I would like to ask everyone to pray for a very important intention. I want you to pray for yourself.
Not to alleviate your own suffering. We all pray for that all the time. smile emoticon
Let's pray for the willingness to suffer for the sake of coming closer to Jesus. That is, for holiness.
I want you to pray and ask that God make you a Saint.
This is the most important thing.
It's more important than healing, more important than money, more important than everything because by being holy, you will gain everything in Christ.
How are you to be holy?
Christ gave us two great commandments. Love God. Love others as you love yourself.
It's not easy. Love requires sacrifice. We must be willing to sacrifice. That's why we need the Blessed Virgin Mary's prayers and God's grace!"
Amen!

To pray for one's self. To pray not to become perfect but to pray to accept and live in the beauty of suffering.

I still believe in prayer for healing but in the mean time I believe we should pray for acceptance and a selfless intention burning in our hearts.

Through suffering we become closer to Jesus. Jesus lived his life to suffer.

Again I am not suggesting sack, cloth and ashes.

I am suggesting the path to sainthood. And how beautiful and glorious it would be to become a saint!

What is a saint though? Someone who is flawless, glows when they walk in a room, always does the right thing?

No.

A saint is someone who has found favor with God and has been welcomed into heaven. How do we get to heaven? By offering our suffering to the Lord. By doing the little things in life that please God.

Becoming a saint is not scary. It's not easy but it is possible. Even though it sure doesn't seem like it.
I can picture some of my friends saying there is no way that he or she could become a saint. But I reassure you, there is a way to become the impossible!

I said above a saint isn't perfect. Take St. Augustine or St. Peter for example! St. Augustine lived a life of grave sin up until his conversion. St. Peter denied Jesus three times in Christ's hour of need.

Yes, we fail too many times a day to count. However we choose to pick our selves back up and choose to offer our imperfections and weaknesses to our Father.

This is how we are to be holy. By selfless giving and trusting in the Lord, our Savior.

His two greatest commands: Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself.

Through God's graces and the Blessed Virgin's intercession we pray for the strength and want to follow along the path of saintly hood so that we may enjoy everlasting life with Jesus Christ forever.

Lord, give me the desire, the ambition, the humility, the strength, and the courage to become a saint. Walk with me because I can not do this on my own. Mother Mary, pray for me.

Make in each of us the saints we are called to be. Help us become the impossible!

 
St. Maria Goretti

St. Therese the Little Flower 

St. Pope John Paul II

St. Dominic Savio 

Comments