So proud it hurts

The title of my post says it all. Sometimes we are so proud that it truly is painful. 
Today my cousin Dillion was accepted into the army. Wow. As a cousin I don't know how to accept that, I can't imagine what I'd do if I was a sibling or parent! However it all comes down to, that this is where he is happy. This is his dream. Why stop someone from doing God's will with their lives? 
I want to share a little bit about one of my favorite cousins... :) 
Dillion is seventeen, a junior in high school, and one of the most genuine people you will ever meet! (Sorry Dillion, I didn't ask for your permission if I could blog about you but I figured you might say "no" so why ask then, right?) 
One of my favorite memories with Dillion is when all of us Nuxoll grand kids were out playing Kick the Can and I maliciously played a dirty prank on the poor boy. Dillion was guarding the can with his life and I knew I didn't have a chance so I thought up a lie and I thought it up quick. (This was right after I had my pacemaker surgery, so the fun was just beginning.) I looked right into Dillion's eyes, placed my hands on my heart and started to slowly walk towards the can where Dillion stood. As I prowled closer my eyes still locked, hands still on my heart, I said, "Dillion. Oh my gosh! I think I am having a pacemaker attack! I don't know what to do!"
Then BAM! 
The can went flying!!! I went off laughing and dancing! Dillion still standing there like he had seen a ghost. He was probably thinking I really did have a pacemaker attack with all the squealing and dancing I did after I sent that can sailing. I look back on this memory with joy though I was a cruel, vicious cousin it was the beginning of our beautiful friendship. Now I carry on the joke by asking him to play kick the can at almost every family gathering. Teehee. 
On a more serious note I really can't tell you how proud I am of my cousin. I look at this man and just smile. God knew what He was doing when He made Dillion Michael Wilcox. 
If you're ever in trouble or need of help Dillion is going to come to the rescue. Wouldn't want to get on his bad side with his wrestling skills. The army is lucky to have him for that! As well as many other amazing things about him. ;)
You may or may not be privileged to see Dillion's funny side. Get him in a game of All in the Family and you might wet your pants. Ain't that right, Keith Stone? 
Dillion, as much as I don't want you to go, know I couldn't be more proud of you for following your dream! I support you taking a stand and caring enough for our country. I will continue to pray for you every day for God's will to be done in your life. You have amazing god parents whom we share both in one way or another that I know will be praying for you as well. (Just like the rest of the Nuxoll family.)  
I may not have you as my body guard here for too much longer but I think we could maybe rope the twins into doing the job...Austin can maybe train em' ;) 
You've always had my back, had a strong head on your shoulders & thought before acting. I look up to you very much. (Not just because of the height difference.) Seriously though,  my heart salutes you, man. 
Love you so & may St. Michael protect you and guide you. 

Isaiah 41:10  "Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

      

My hero <3 

Comments

  1. Gabbie- you bring me peace...I so needed that. Love ya, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing mom Jeannette! You and uncle John have soared with bringing up your kids! If I were you I'd be very very proud. Which I am sure you are ;) Love you so much! God bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment