Give me this day

God is waiting for us to give Him our day. Our days which entail plans we have made, worries we have burdening our hearts, and our little joys in life. We were not created to live on our own. Our Father wants to help us! Let go of guilt my brothers and sisters in Christ. Stop clenching your teeth and hands and allow the Holy Spirit to guide your feet. Give Him this day. Don't plan for the future. All you have is today. 

 “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 

I am a planner. I make To-do lists. I think I am lining everything up for my week for all to go well but what I am really doing is not trusting God with my life. Not intentionally of course, but think about it...

"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" Matthew 6:26 

Now I am not saying you can't make plans, but when your plans change don't let your anger get the best of you. It's hard to accept after all that time consuming prepping but trust God. He knows what He is doing.  

Today I am focusing on what God wants instead of what Gabbie wants. Though it's difficult to not look out for number one, all will go according to God's plan.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.





Comments