Weep with Jesus


This past week our parish has been privileged to attend and participate in a Lenten Mission, presented by Richard Lane, son of Richard "Night Train" Lane. 
It has been amazing! 

The mission I believe has opened our hearts to healing.
Last night I was desiring and expecting healing.  
I felt healing. Maybe not physical healing but healing within our church body
We all one by one went up to touch the garment wrapped around our beloved Jesus Christ in the Eucharist held in the Monstrance.
"She had heard about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak. She said, "If I but touch his clothes, I shall be cured." 
Mark 5:27-28 
Richard Lane said out loud and to no one specifically, "There is someone here tonight who is having sight trouble." "Touch the garment to your eyes." 
As I stood in line I felt the tears in my eyes. Then I approached my LORD timidly. 
I touched the garment to my eyes and began to weep. I touched my heart. 
Then I heard my name and saw Richard's extended hand to kneel with him and pray before Jesus. 
The world seemed to have stopped. It was me, and Jesus in that moment. 
I heard others crying too. 
John 11:33
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and was troubled,

I was embarrassed about crying in front of the entire congregation. 

But I am reminded... 

"Jesus wept." John 11:35 

Mary Magdalene wept and washed your feet with her tears and dried them with her hair.
Martha and Mary wept when Jesus was "too late" to heal their brother Lazarus. 

St. Peter wept when the crow cocked three times.

And our blessed Mother wept when she stood at the feet of her dying Son on the cross.

"He took away our infirmities and bore our diseases." Matthew 8:17 

Jesus weeps when we weep.

But he does good things through our weeping. 

"Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh." - Luke 6:21 


He forgives sins, breathes life, gives second chances, and promises to come again.  

"Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him." Hebrews 9:28


Jesus is real and understands our pain. He wants to make our suffering go away. 

"LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." 
Psalm 30:2








Comments

Post a Comment