Go to Sleep


I love Fr. Mike's humor in the beginning of this video! Made me laugh out loud. 

"There’s an old saying, “Why put off until tomorrow what you could do today?” Our culture’s "seize-the-day" mentality can be a good thing, but what if today's attempts to be productive deprive us of the sleep we need to function tomorrow? Fr. Mike Schmitz gives us several good reasons to stop our work at the end of the day, relax, and prioritize getting a good night's sleep." -Ascension Presents 

"Why put off until tomorrow what you could do today?" 

That is one of my struggles for not being able to sleep. Wanting to accomplish so much so I can do it all over again the next day.  

Ignoring the need for sleep is only harmful to self. 

What do you do in that "gap" of time before you actually "go" to sleep? 

For me I journal everything on my mind. I read and I check my notifications on social media. Not to mention the stuff I need to do before bed...brushing, flossing, showering, praying etc. 

Fr. Mike mentions "faith" and it's true. To fall asleep is an act of faith because the moment you let go of control you trust God with the time you are sleeping. 

We need sleep, we love sleep. Why not sleep? 

Jesus, I trust in You. 






Comments