Getting Through

I don't even know where to begin. There has been so many times where I have wanted to express my heart on paper for the world to read, however have been denied the tools to do so because I have been using internet off of my phone since my laptop quit on me. Like I just told Ma, I don't even know how to or where to start.

I guess I will start with reassuring everyone that I will be blogging again because I now have new equipment; which I badly needed. Really though, my laptop wouldn't turn on or off. Thank you Jesus, for getting me through when I was so ready to take a base ball bat to my laptop screen.

...I think I just decided what this post will be about. Getting Through. 

How many times do we say, "Let's get through this" or "You'll get through it, I know you will"?

Too many times. Though they may be reassuring words when coming from your own mouth, they're not words the person hearing them wants to hear.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we will get through another day but through God we can only get there.

Some of the past month's tragedies have my heart aching. One being, the Orlando Massacre.

You can tell those there, those effected, those scarred, that all will be okay, all will be fine, they'll get through it; but can you stop that night? Can you take away their horrid memories, and  bring back their friends... No. They need healing and only God can heal.

This past weekend I lost someone very dear and special to my heart. My friend, Hailey, who had been in my constant prayers for the past 55 months as she fought brain cancer.  I can't even begin to imagine the heart ache her family is experiencing. Not to mention the countless times they'll hear, "It's going to be okay, you'll get through this." My heart breaks and is crumbled for their loss, the world's loss. Yet, heaven's gain.

I guess what I am saying, is instead of getting through life, like putting a bandaid on a mosquito bite, doesn't take away the itch. It only hides the ugly red bump. (Comparison comes from the mosquito bite I have and want to cover with a bandaid.) The pain doesn't go away when you're trying to get through the pain. The pain goes away when you've been healed. You don't get through it. '

You heal through it.

There is no magic bandaid, no magic pills, no words or explanation. Loss takes a life time of healing. So remember when you're feeling low, feeling empty, unworthy, unloved, like you can't get through...remember through healing. Through God. 

Amen.



Comments