More silence

Every morning, every night, every moment my mind is always focused on what I need to do next.

It's not a healthy way to live, nor the way I want to live.

Yet, I think we all struggle with living in the moment.

Fear has crept its way into our lives convincing us that something bad will happen if we don't do everything. If we don't go above and beyond.  

It's not just the fear of missing out, it's the fear of being still. The fear of listening. What if I am called to more?

Not "more" how the world defines the word but more as in what God has created us for.

So this morning after I jumped out of bed and debated on showering (which I did), after checking my phone, after making my bed, after brushing my teeth, after blow drying my hair,  I went into my prayer corner and decided I would make prayer part of my morning by reading my Magnificat. Sometimes I am lazy and choose breakfast over focused moments of prayer. Today I thought I'd be "productive" and pray. Ha!

Well God had plans for me.

I sat down and felt instant peace.

I was surrounded by silence.

I just wanted to listen to the silence and be in that moment.

In silent prayer, listening and being.

In all things feel God.





Comments