#FOMO

The struggle is real when it comes to FOMOFear Of Missing Out.

What do I mean?

I mean trying to be everything, do everything, so not to miss out on anything.

FOMO, fear of missing out.

I struggle with this.

I have a fear of missing out over the littlest things. Things I may not even enjoy but fear missing out on, fear missing being a part of.

Example: In today's day and age we try to be everything we're not. Do everything we don't need to do.
Whether it be parents putting their kids in every single sport so their kids don't miss out or trying to be everywhere out of fear when all one really needs is to stay home and take a nap.

I need to learn to say NOMO to FOMO.

I need to be content with who I am and where I am.

Satisfied and pleased with what is good.

Clothed in humility.

Happy with the decision I make and rejoicing in the moment.

I want to be ...only for God. Not for man and the world. Come Holy Spirit guide my heart and open my heart to your peace.

Let not my fears of missing out get in the way of loving, praising, and serving You.


Matthew 6:1-6

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

“So when you [a]give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in 
full. But when you [b]give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your [c]giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
“When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love tostand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners [d]so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.











Comments