Easy Money

Remember my facebook post about the kiss of death regarding the radio man and his tricks? 

Everything I was told as a child NOT to do, just came undone in about three minutes. I answered the phone to a complete stranger calling from some radio place, telling me we were one of the select few to rate the radio. However I had already told him I hadn't listened to the radio today or at all this week. He then wanted to know my age, my race, my name and the spelling and my address. I panicked. He offered me "coffee and doughnut" money for taking the time to do some rating and I accepted. I can't even eat/drink either of those. Thank you God for allowing me to only give my PO box. If I go missing you know what happened.


Yesterday it came. It came in the mail.

My blood money.



Five crisp dollar bills that could pass for monopoly money they were so crisp. 

I felt like I was dealing with the mafia. 



Not so easy money. 

I don't listen to the radio. 

They'll be sending me a package and expecting me to do my part of the job.

I would like to just forget about it. 


However I was asked to do them a favor... 



We will see how it turns out. 

I got my money and that was the deal. 

We'll see who's boss.




Comments

Post a Comment