Army Strong

What do I have to say? What do I have to offer?

Really nothing heroic.

I can only express my gratitude to the men and women who have fought and are fighting to protect our country.

Their decision to leave their families, homes, comfort and safety is what is brave. Because they did or do it for you and for me.

Bravery isn't blood shed, but it is laying down one's life for a friend. Putting one's self aside and others first. Love of others. Love for others. Love for this country and those blessed to live in it.

That is what these men and women are doing. Giving up their "lives" by doing so for others.

We can all learn from their example. Maybe not by signing up for the military but by putting ourselves aside and helping our neighbors first.

I want to thank both my grandpas, Lee Rehder, and Richard Nuxoll for their service. And to thank them for the men they are today. Also I want to thank my cousin Dillon for his current service in the army. May God protect him and his brothers and sisters along side him.

You men and women in uniform have blessed and protected us and like I said I could not be more grateful. Thank you!






Comments