Have faith

First Reading 
As the LORD spoke to me, the spirit entered into me
and set me on my feet,
and I heard the one who was speaking say to me:
Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites,
rebels who have rebelled against me;
they and their ancestors have revolted against me to this very day.
Hard of face and obstinate of heart
are they to whom I am sending you. 
But you shall say to them: Thus says the Lord GOD! 
And whether they heed or resist—for they are a rebellious house—
they shall know that a prophet has been among them.

EZ 2:2-5 

Second Reading
Brothers and sisters:
That I, Paul, might not become too elated,
because of the abundance of the revelations,
a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan,
to beat me, to keep me from being too elated. 
Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,
but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness.” 
I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses,
in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. 
Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults,
hardships, persecutions, and constraints,

for the sake of Christ;
for when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 

Gospel
Jesus departed from there and came to his native place, accompanied by his disciples. 
When the sabbath came he began to teach in the synagogue,
and many who heard him were astonished. 
They said, “Where did this man get all this? 
What kind of wisdom has been given him? 
What mighty deeds are wrought by his hands! 
Is he not the carpenter, the son of Mary,
and the brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? 
And are not his sisters here with us?” 
And they took offense at him. 
Jesus said to them,
“A prophet is not without honor except in his native place
and among his own kin and in his own house.” 
So he was not able to perform any mighty deed there,
apart from curing a few sick people by laying his hands on them.
He was amazed at their lack of faith.

Mk 6:1-6 

These were today's readings at Mass this morning. They really spoke to me as well as the homily.

From Ezekiel we are reminded that without God we can do nothing. 
The opening words from Ezekiel really stood out to me.

"As the LORD spoke to me, the spirit entered into me
and set me on my feet,"

The LORD spoke to me and the spirit entered into me... The Lord speaks to all of us. Are we listening? Are we giving Him the time of day?
 
This morning getting ready for Church my brother was filling out his Children's envelope and he wrote down how much time he dedicated to God in the past week. It made me stop and think about the previous week for myself and how much "time" I spent with the Lord. I was disappointed with the answer I came up with. But not just this last week... It's not because I haven't wanted to spend time with Jesus but because I haven't made time. We need to make time for Who is important. Dropping into bed late at night and praying at rapid fire before meals ins't enough. You know it and I know it. Things to think about. And it's time we start praying. Really praying. Time to start talking to God.

"...,and set me on my feet,"... When I do drop into bed and lay there asking for the Father to wipe away my fears I am seeking for His strong arms to carry me. To set me on my feet. After my surgery a couple months ago I have been challenged to regain the strength I had. It's only been a couple months and I realize I have a ways to go and healing is in the works yet I struggle with small gestures that weren't as difficult as they are now. Such as literally getting on my feet after laying down or sitting on the floor. Sounds stupid huh? Which brings me to our second reading. 
     

"Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,
but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness.” 


In my "weakness"... I've often stated in my blogs about wanting to be perfect... I've also shared how I've asked and asked God to make me new, without blemish. Yet God has a different plan. His grace is sufficient and through my weaknesses may He be glorified and praised! 
Let us use our weaknesses for the greater good. For the Greater Glory!
 "...for when I am weak, then I am strong."

In the Gospel of Mark the last sentence makes it clear about Jesus's astonishment at those who he lived among. "...He was amazed at their lack of faith." 
Are we lacking faith? Are we willing to let the Spirit breathe in us so that we do the Father's will? Are we able to accept our differences and weaknesses and love one another? Are we believers of our faith? Do we trust in the Father's sufficient grace? Would Jesus be amazed by your lack of faith or how great of faith?  

For with God nothing is impossible. Walk with Him. Talk with Him. Let Him carry you. Have faith!    




Comments