Heavy Heart

Yesterday I read some heart breaking news, news I shared with those on Facebook, those praying for Willie Hughes. He passed away Wednesday, June 13th, 2018.

I didn't know Will, or his family. The Sisters of Life asked us to pray with them for this twelve year old boy with terminal brain cancer.

The Hughes family was seeking the intercession of Cardinal O'Connor for healing for their son.

When we were in New York in May we visited the crypt at St. Pat's.
Cardinal O'Connor is buried there and the Sisters wrote on a piece of paper Will's name and placed it at the Archbishop's tomb.
We prayed for Will beside the one we were seeking intercession from.




Update from Will's mom on June 11th: 

"Praying for Will to feel human again. Be able to sit in chair, take a shower, stand and eat his favorite foods. Of course would love to pray for successful extubation and get him home, but not sure that will happen. Just want him to feel good about himself and confident and proud of all his hard work. Lots to pray for but need these prayers.. Will has worked so hard for so long and to feel so dehumanized is depressing."
Also, received this short video today from a friend of the Hughes family (who took this video yesterday). It moved me to tears--it shows baby Teddy Hughes meeting his older brother Will (who named him!).

https://www.facebook.com/therese.d.brown/videos/10214447751699652/?t=1

I wept watching this video and reading these words from the mouth of Will's mom.

I watched the video with no sound to it. Weeping just watching Will hold the baby brother he named and only just met.

To feel human again... to feel good about himself... to feel confident and proud... So dehumanized is depressing...

I felt his pain. I lived in a hospital for only a month, but with the same depressing thoughts. Is it going to get any better? Could it get any worse? I could sympathize with him, laying in a hospital bed, hooked to a million wires, feeling depressed and dehumanized.

My emotions and heart connected to him.

When I got on Facebook yesterday, and read the news, my heart dropped. I began to sob. That video replayed in my mind. I couldn't control it. I don't cry easily, but Will has been a huge part of my heart, and I have bonded to him through prayer.

I know this place isn't home. I know you're no longer in pain. We don't know each other as far as meeting goes, but I know in my heart you are close to me. I now seek your intercession on my behalf and on the behalf of an end to cancer.

Please keep the Hughes family in your prayers and heart. Continue to pray for Teddy, Will's baby brother.

Comments