My Mess

https://dynamiccatholic.com/best-advent-ever/advent-reflections-2017/a-hopeless-mess/?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiT1dReU9XRTBaakZqTm1NdyIsInQiOiJOSU5lQWJaZDdNZEFMVjJYV0lDR2RKeFhTYjN3YlJ1bE80dnNDYTV2SUdHZFAwQXZyYXpDOFB5SWNWNmcyM21ZR2JrcnErc1JjYVNXK09DSno3QmJaN2l1RzRDTkhKd3NuTzJmQlN1M1N2bE1zVTREVEtPd3FJeUVzRnJjM3FPSyJ9

Please watch this short video. It was the final Best Advent Ever video for 2k17.

I have struggled with how I view the word mess. I

t's easy to point fingers or shake my head or wonder how and why, toward other people.

This video was a reminder, a good reminder, that it's not just "them" living a messy life, it is me too.

And that's why Jesus came down.

He came down in the form of a babe. Human flesh. Vulnerable and helpless.

He was born in a messy, putrid, gross, and secluded stable. Laid in a manger, where animals fed.  

Jesus came down into our mess. My mess!

He came down, born in a mess, to die in a mess, for my mess.

Who am I to judge?

Baby Jesus, come into my heart and help me believe Jesus looks past the mess and sees the heart.

CHRIST HAS NO BODY NOW BUT YOURS - St. Teresa of Avila 

Comments

Post a Comment