Sweet Creature

Last night I prayed my Day 11 consecration prayer from the book 33 Days to Morning Glory by Michael E. Gaily, MIC. I had just published last night's blog about my exit buddy and feeling deflated.

I opened the 33 Days to Morning Glory book and read,

The Great Circle of Being by Thomas Aquinas, 

"Issuing from the Primary Principal, creatures accomplish a sort of circuit, a gyratory movement, such that all things when they tend to their proper end are returning to the Principal whence they came forth. ...We were created by the Son and the Holy Spirit; and hence it is by them that we are brought back to our end."     

As our time together as a family came to an end we discussed how we [human beings] are not meant for goodbyes.

I continued to read,

"Everywhere in this world, we notice action... departure and return; going away and coming back; separation and return. The separation always looks forward to union, which is creative. All this is simply an image the Blessed Trinity in the activity of creatures." 39 St. Maximilian Kolbe 

What Kolbe describes here really is true. It's the structure of the cosmos. Everything has come forth from God and is going back to God, more or less perfectly. This movement is sometimes called the great "Exit and Return." Although Kolbe uses the term "separation" instead of "exit," he's got the same idea: 

"First, God creates the universe; that is something like a separation. Creatures, by following the natural law implanted in them by God, reach their perfection, become like him, and go back to him. Intelligent creatures [human beings] love him in a conscious manner; through this love they unite themselves more and more closely with him, and so find their way back to him." 40        

"The creature most completely filled with this love, filled with God himself, was the Immaculata, who never contracted the slightest stain of sin, who never departed in the least from God's will. United to the Holy Spirit as his spouse, she is one with God in an incomparably more perfect than can be predicted of any other creature." 41 

My answers to my blog and emotions were being soaked up in my devotion to Mary, the Immaculate.

The Immaculata, this beautiful, sweetest of all creatures, shares in my heartache of departure. She was separated from her Son when he began his mission and so she knows the sorrow of separation. But she also knows and wants for us to return to unity and that's what we were made for, unity. She'll lead us on our way back to him. She'll lead us home.


Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of rope, you bring me home
Sweet creature
We're running through the garden
Where nothing bothered us
But we're still young
I always think about you and how we don't speak enough
No, we started
Two hearts in one home
I know, it's hard when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know but, oh

Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of rope, you bring me home

-lyrics sung by Harry Styles


Comments