Valentine Only


Valentine's day can go two ways, you either hate it or you love it. 

Our culture tells us Valentine's day is for couples and that excludes more than just what our world labels as "single" people.

Yes, it excludes single men and women who are not in relationships but it also excludes those who have been in relationships such as widows and widowers.

Or for those who answered the vocation of  religious life, such as sisters and priests. 

Or maybe the vocation of living a single life.

Today isn't about the good or the bad of this "holiday". 

It's about looking for the love within ourselves. 

The love within our hearts. 

Hearts we all have, whether they've been shared or saved.

"She was able to do more because she loved more." St. Gregory the Great 

For so many Valentines days that I can remember I have focused on being single and not in a relationship. 

This year is different for some reason.

Some greater reason. 

Lately I have been craving a good love story to watch and ooh and awe over. But the love stories I have come up with fall short of what I want to fulfill my desire.

I realize love isn't perfect. And when I do find love not everything my heart desires will be fulfilled.
Why? Because man cannot satisfy that longing. 

Not to say I won't ever be happy, or that man isn't good enough, but that the longing we all feel can only be quenched by One alone.
That One having become man, to die on a cross, poor out every last drop of his blood for you and for me. 

The greatest love story ladies and gentlemen was born over two thousand years ago. He came into this world only to leave it. To pour out His love for you and for me.

Jesus Christ, is my One and my Only. 

But for the man I will someday marry, I want you to know He is your One and your Only too.

To God be the glory! 

Thank you Jesus for choosing me.

Me in my singleness, me in my loneliness, me in my brokenness, me in my happiness, me in my longing and greatest desire, YOU. 

With all of my heart, I love Thee!



Comments