Live Love

So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then,the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. John 13:12-17

I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’ From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”  John 13:12-20

What example have I been to those around me? (...at home, on facebook, in my community etc...) 

Have I made myself a pedestal and looked down upon other people? 

Did I receive rather than expect to be received? 

new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35 

Have I loved? Have I asked Jesus to show me how to love, truly love, when it is hardest to do so? As the Father has loved us so we are asked to love each other.  

Love speaks louder than words and words can do but two things: build up or tear down. 
Choose your words carefully or better yet ask the Holy Spirit to fill your mouth with words of love toward everything and every one. (Guidance I have to constantly pray for but a lot of times fail at following through with.) 

Do your neighbors know you are a disciple of Jesus? I will leave it at that...

Our country is under attack. We are not acting as His disciples because our country is divided by arguments and anger.

Here is a link I want you all to read.

http://www.faithit.com/5-things-jesus-would-say-to-the-gay-community/

How can we be Jesus to those around us? Yes, the gay community. But not just them, all people!

We can be Jesus's hands by washing each others' feet. (Doing the littlest things for our brothers and sisters.)
By humbling ourselves as Jesus and his disciples did. By filling our hearts and lives with love.
Love being pure love. Not a desire for something or someone but a genuine desire to embrace the world with all of one's heart.

Every last drop of his blood was shed for all people. Jesus's love is for all people.

Show that love. Pray for that love. Live that love.

Comments