Peace & Comfort

I haven’t done a very good job of preparing my heart for Christmas.

I’ve been in a rush and I’ve been occupied with the wrong things.

Things that distract me and take away my focus from what is important.

Things that take away from Who is really important.

By doing the things on my list, I expect to feel comfortable with my progress. 

But when I think I have it all together, or try to do everything by myself or in a hurry, that is when  I feel least comfortable.

When I think I am in control. When I want to do things the easy way and my way.

And I love to be comfortable, so this is hard.

However, there is something missing in my comfort zone.

Peace.

The Angel Gabriel said to Mary and Joseph “Be not afraid!”

Be not afraid of discomfort.

Jesus wasn’t comfortable in a manger for a bed.

Mary wasn’t comfortable giving birth in a barn.

Joseph wasn’t comfortable when he couldn't provide for the needs of his family.

I’m not comfortable sharing this post and admitting to the things that are not perfect.

But here I am, the eve before Christmas Eve, trying to find peace within.

“My heart is restless until I rest in You.” St. Augustine 

I offer the good and the bad, the done and the undone to you, Baby Jesus.

I offer you my discomfort.

“The world promises you comfort, but you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness." -Pope Benedict XVI





Comments